Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy Christmas and Merry New Year!


Yes, this Christmas was perfectly wonderful, thanks to back-to-back hostesses, Jona and Connie, and their assorted guests, who made Christmas Eve and Christmas Day the best ever! Lots of food (and drink), lots of laughs and lots of love -- just the way I like my holidays!

And the gifts! A personalized fleece "throw" that my daughter, Hannah, sewed herself and that I plan to curl up with during my convalescence; a T-shirt I had admired while shopping with my son, Dylan, that he went back and bought for me; a gym membership (OK, some women might hate that, but I REALLY wanted it 'cause it's too cold to walk outside), sweater and CD of downloaded songs (all great!) from husband, Jim; and earrings, videos ("The Trouble with Angels," a really funny classic with Hayley Mills, and the new "Mamma Mia" with Meryl Streep), more sweaters, chocolate, cookies ...

And the "real" gift of Christmas, perhaps more meaningful this year than ever before. The gift of Jesus, our Savior, who will "get you out of anything," as my friend Edie says.

Merry Christmas, everyone, and cheers to a happy and healthy 2009!

(In the photo above, the Ross family poses Christmas Day at Connie's. The kids are holding their "Uncle Pat" gifts, air bazookas that shoot little balls -- picture six of those things all going off at the same time! That Uncle Pat ... And, of course, my Hannah is making a "mean face" to go along with her gun, so she doesn't really look like that.)

Until next time ...
P

No comments: