Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The next step

So, I saw my oncologist yesterday and got some details on the post-op treatment. Beginning Feb . 19, I'll be getting chemo for two days (yes, "Fanny" the fannypack-with-pump will be back) every two weeks. So, chemo for two days, then two weeks with nothing ... chemo for two days, then two weeks with nothing, and so on, for a likely period of SIX MONTHS! Sheesh ...

I can do this ... I can do this ... (My new mantra.) The good thing is that 26 days of every month will be chemo-free, so, yeah, I can do this ...

Barring no disabling side effects, I should be able to work through this, and fully plan to do just that. But SIX MONTHS? I'm still reeling ... It appears that when cancer has invaded lymph nodes, treatment goes into aggressive mode, and I'm all for being aggressive with this.

So "Paula-the-perfect-patient" will do what she needs to do. For six months.

Until next time ...
P

4 comments:

Terri Mork Speirs said...

Hi Paula, O my dear, I don't know what to say about your 6 months of chemo. You are really something. We will walk with you in this online community, so keep the postings coming. Your book suggestion sounds really interesting too. I'm moved even by your description. Take good care, my friend.

Linda said...

As you know, our prayers are ALWAYS for you. We love you and pray that this stupid cancer thing leaves forever.

Linda and Bob (and, of course, Molly)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, you guys!

Paula said...

Sorry, that was me y'all ...