Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Surprises

So, who knew I would be able to give myself a shot in the stomach? The Lovenox (ooh, yeah, love) prevents blood clots, and I guess since I'm not quite so mobile it's one of those things that must be done. I've gotta do it every day for THREE WEEKS, yikes, but I'm thinking of letting my 20-year-old nursing-student daughter do it a few times for practice (this will be her very first shot to give, mind you, but if I can do it, she can do it). The needle is really skinny and short, though, so it doesn't hurt much -- it's more the mental anguish than anything ...

Here's another surprise I discovered yesterday while reclining on the couch: there are FOUR court-TV shows on every afternoon! One right after another! (Judge Judy, Judge Alex, Judge Joe Somebody, and Judge I-Can't-Remember-Her-Name.) Sheesh.

And, I never realized how many times one bends down to the floor in a day until it was a hardship to do it ...

And, I guess I'm a little surprised at how much friends continue to pump me up with cards (seven yesterday), e-mails, calls, and meals. It has been a real blessing to be on the receiving end of all this love and caring. So thanks again. I couldn't do this without you.

Until next time ...
P

1 comment:

connie said...

Paula,
I'm so happy you're doing well! Keep up the good work! See you tomorrow. Love you lots!
Your sis,
Connie