Monday, January 12, 2009

Life after surgery

In a word -- or three -- it's not too bad. I'm still sore, but just taking Tylenol now. Still walking, but around the backyard (I'd much rather be with you on the beach in Florida, Linda! Loved the pictures, BTW). Still eating, but not a lot. And ice chips are no longer on the menu, hallelujah!

I came home with a lot of staples (19 where they took out the lymph nodes), a catheter (my bladder's not quite up to par on its own yet), and a little plastic drainage container with an inch-long piece of some sort of "tissue matter" that's decidedly disgusting and floats around in the liquid that's being drained from my thigh. I'm thinking of taking a photo of it and posting it on the blog (and maybe one of me so you can see for yourself I'm not looking too sickly), but that drain thing is SO gross maybe I should take a vote first (leave a "yay" or "nay" comment here or e-mail me at paula.ross@lcms.org) ...

It's actually almost midnight as I type this STANDING UP (no, I cannot sit for TWO WEEKS!) and I'm surprised I've been "up" (I should say AWAKE 'cause I'm usually reclining) all day, so I really should go to bed. Good night all ...

Until next time ...
P

2 comments:

freckles said...

So glad you're home, yea! And as much as we love you, we would not love the photo of the gross tube thing. Words are enough (and keep them coming)!

Justin & Julie

Linda said...

OK, I can't wait to see the tissue matter. Post all the pics you can, side view, front view, backward view, and remember, gross stuff is part of life, too,(as anybody who's changed a newborn's diaper knows.)