Saturday, January 3, 2009

Flax seed and green tea




OK, so maybe the "horse is already out of the barn," but I've made it my mission to consume more anti-cancer foods. Hey, it can't hurt. My darling and brilliant niece, Rachel, and her darling and brilliant husband, Nick, sent me a surprise get-well gift a few weeks ago -- a box of flax seed and lots and lots of green tea. Both are reportedly superior at fighting cancer, and, to illustrate this, Rachel made a card (see at right) that shows the green tea and other nutritious foods pounding the heck out of a nasty cancer dude. Hey, I'm convinced.

While I haven't eaten much of the flax seed yet (I will, I promise -- I'm SO looking forward to the much-touted "flax-seed muffins," ha!), I've enjoyed at least one cup of green tea daily (and your medicinal tea, too, Dino!), which is quite relaxing and so darn civilized.

Anyway, here's a list of other anti-cancer foods, in case you're interested in starting the new year off right:

  • apricots
  • blueberries
  • broccoli
  • brussel sprouts
  • cabbage
  • carrots
  • cauliflower
  • grapefruit
  • grapes
  • green beans
  • lemons
  • mangoes
  • red onions
  • oranges
  • peaches
  • peppers
  • radishes
  • squash
  • strawberries
  • sweet potatoes
  • tangerines
  • tomatoes
So, eat those fruits and veggies, reduce your stress, stay lean, EXERCISE, limit dietary fat, and increase fiber! And have a happy 2009!

Until next time ...
P

No comments: