Friday, January 16, 2009

Cheers!

"Shhhh! Judge Judy's about to give her verdict!" This is what I hiss to my family when they interrupt my Court TV dramas. (Actually, I think I've only done it once or twice, but the opportunities for additional abuses are there.)

So I'm straightening up my act immediately. Family members and friends trump Judge Judy et al from now on.

It's been a good day. I got to talk to three co-workers on the phone. Visit in person with two girlfriends and my sister. E-mail a couple of friends. Open a couple of really entertaining e-cards (http://rattlebox.com has some doozies that you should definitely check out!).

And, the piece de resistance -- I found out that next Tuesday, Jan. 20, I will be freed from:
  • the catheter!
  • the drainage tube and resident UFO!
  • the 19 staples!
And, I will be able to SIT for the first time in two weeks! (Standing and "lounging like Cleopatra" are getting old.)

So, woo-hoo, I'm starting the celebration NOW by "toasting" my Kondremul (the French-wine name for, um, mineral oil). So, please, have a drink with me tonight -- or anytime this weekend! Bottoms up!

Love you guys,
P

No comments: