Wednesday, January 14, 2009

'Keep doing what you're doing'

Those are the words of my lymph-node surgeon this afternoon, who took a look at my 19 staples and was almost giddy with relief. Before the surgery, Dr. M had warned me that radiation sometimes prevents the skin from healing properly. Thank God, that didn't happen with me -- even though I DID have radiation to the site, the incision is healing GREAT!

The staples need to stay in awhile longer, though (10 to 14 days), so he'll take 'em out next Tuesday afternoon.

Re: the drain pouch and UFO (Unidentified Floating Object), he's leaving that in until Tuesday, too, since it's still sucking out more than 25 cc of fluid a day.

And re: the photo of the UFO, three people said, "Yeah, in the name of science, let's see it!" Another five or six folks said "I beg of you ... NO!" So, I will bow to the will of the people and resist posting it. However, if I DO shoot a photo of it, I may e-mail it (the photo, not the thing) to those of you who are interested (boy, sure hope I don't get those addresses mixed up!)

Until next time ...
P

1 comment:

Joan said...

Sounds like you are doing great.
Glad to hear the good news. I think of you often. Take care and I will keep you in my prayers.