Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Free at last!

In the words of Martin Luther King Jr., I am now "free at last, free at last, thank God almighty I am free at last!"

Yes, the drainage tube and UFO are GONE! The catheter is GONE! And a total of 23 staples (19 in the thigh and 4 in the stomach) are GONE! This is an historic day -- and not just because of Barack Obama's inauguration (although it's nice to be home recuperating -- and close to a TV -- on such days! Very emotional, inspiring stuff taking place in D.C.).

Speaking of TV, I want to amend my earlier post by saying that there are at least 10 Court TV dramas daily -- TEN!!! (And I think I've seen every one of 'em at least once.)

But now that I'm "unencumbered" by drains, etc., I plan to watch less TV and be a lot more active. I'm already doing the stairs (one at a time, slowly) and will be outside taking short walks over the next two days, as the temperature is supposed to be in the 40s and 50s.

So, praise God, hallelujah, and woo-hoo for all the historic things that took place today -- in Washington, D.C., and in Ballwin, Mo.!

Until next time ...
P

No comments: