Sunday, January 4, 2009

Packing it up

Since my surgery is tomorrow (eeek!), today is "packing day." I've gotta get everything together for my week at the, uh, "resort" -- lots of rest and relaxation for me, baby! So, what to take?

A robe, for sure ... Some slippers, of course ... Makeup? Yeah, I'd better take some, but how much is really enough? (Will visitors care? Will I care?) I'll just bring it and play it by ear ... A mirror? (Do I dare?) I'd better bring it in case I want to use the makeup ... My daughter thinks I should take along a baseball cap to cover up my "bed head," not a bad suggestion ... A TV guide (sorry, family, I'm taking the one that came with this weekend's paper) ... A book -- choosing will be hard, as I've received a bunch from caring friends. I'll take two and save the rest for home ... My iPod -- yikes, I've got SO many more songs I want to load onto it first, so I'd better get busy!

Thanks to all of you for your interest, and prayers! According to the most-recent instructions, I'll be arriving at the hospital, Barnes-Jewish West, at 9 a.m. Monday, and the surgery is supposed to start at 11:00. I'm "nervous but hopeful" about it all, and a little anxious to get on with it and start my recovery.

My "pinch blogger" has assured me that she will update this site while I'm away at the resort.

In the meantime, know that I love you all and will be back on my feet in no time ...
P

1 comment:

Laura M. said...

We're praying for you, Paula! "Pinch-blogger", please let us know how everything goes, as soon as possible - we're waiting and worrying - and praying, of course!