Saturday, January 24, 2009

Field trip

So, guess what I did today? Went GROCERY SHOPPING! No, I didn't drive, but relied on my sister/nurse/maid to do the driving. I was only going to pick up a few things, but, alas, I have a hard time limiting myself around food ...

So, $113 later, we carted many bags home. Ahhh, it was SO satisfying to find out that, yeah, I am useful once again ... Sort of ...

Plus, it was nice to get out of the house, even if the temp outside is in the 20s!

And, in another "first," I am sipping on a glass of wine as I type this -- my first since before the Jan. 5 surgery!

So, look out -- Paula is on her way back to the real world ...

Until next time ...
P

3 comments:

Linda said...

The $113 doesn't surprise me a bit. As those of us who have shared a meal with Paula, we're all aware of (um, how should I say it?) "healthy" appetite!

Paula said...

Hah! You know me well ...

Anonymous said...

Aw, thanks, Hoopsie-Loopsie, you're too nice ... And Mary Jo, I DO know who Mary Roach is, so I'll add it to my list.

You know, I've probably got a DOZEN books that were lent to me by friends to read while I'm home, which is a wonderful thing ...