Monday, April 13, 2009

You get by ...

Yes, it's true ... You DO get by with a little help from your friends. My hosts in Florida, Linda and Bob, really made my four days there special.

Linda had told me they were going to treat me "like a queen." So when I got off the plane, there she was, holding a sign that said "Queen Paula."

Then, when we got to their place in Venice, my room had a flamingo balloon and another sign: "Queen Paula's Pad."

Although Linda had sketched out a few plans ahead of time (like the drum circle on the beach), they constantly asked what I wanted to do, and made a real effort to make me happy (heck, they even let me eat most of the gooey butter cake I had brought as a gift!).

They kept the jokes coming and the wine flowing, and truly, there never was a dull moment. Scary ones, yes -- like the daily braunschweiger ritual, ha! (of course, I'm kidding!).

Some highlights:
  • walking in the surf along the shore at Siesta Key, the world-famous beach with sugar-white sand, picking up seashells and just enjoying the day.

  • eating Bob's grilled grouper -- it was absolutely delicious!

  • sitting on the lanai in the evening, sipping wine and talking (and laughing) about everything!

  • eating at waterside restaurants, with sunshine and ocean breezes.

  • watching Linda try on my compression hose (I wear one on my left leg most of the time because of the lymph-node surgery) and then using it as a slingshot (it works pretty good)!

  • Laughing 'til we cried at Linda's entries to my blog.

So thanks, Linda and Bob, for your friendship (is my collage still up?) and kindness. I love you guys, and, like Arnold, "I WILL be back!"

Until next time ...

P


No comments: