Monday, April 13, 2009

Dyl and I

Hey, blog-followers, I never really followed up on the Mother-Son Brunch that was (gulp!) more than a week ago!

But we made it on time, Dylan and I, and even though most of his friends were wearing open-collar shirts, my son surprised me by wearing a (gulp again!) TIE!

The photo at right isn't from the brunch (it's actually better than the brunch photo, in which I look sort of like a chipmunk), but this one was taken Sunday at the Schlueter family Easter gathering at my parents' house (notice my tan).

But my, how that boy towers above his mother -- I guess you could say I look like a midget in this one. Oh well, what I lack in good looks, my son makes up for in total handsomeness (am I biased or what?).

But back to the brunch. It was lots of fun, with lots of good food. Dylan and his friends got their money's worth by going back for seconds (I controlled myself and just had one plateful -- surprising, I know). A photographer was on hand to take mother/chipmunk-son portraits at no extra charge (the difference between my son's public high school and his sister's private one, which charged extra for everything!). And each mother received a rose to take home.

I was planning to "escape" around noon, when the speaker was scheduled to start, since I had to be home by 12:30 to meet the nurse who would unhook "Fanny." But doggone it if he didn't start early, while we were still finishing eating, so Dyl and I had to walk out in front of everyone, a little embarrassing since most of them didn't know I had to leave for medical reasons. Oh well, you can't worry about what people might think.

But a good day, all in all, and extra special because I got to spend one-on-one time with my adorable son.

Until next time ...
P

No comments: