Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Soakin' up the sun

Yes, I am in Florida! Yes, the sun is shining! Yes, I am beating a drum in the drum circle ... on Nokomis Beach ... just before sunset! Boom, badda boom, badda boom, badda boom ... I'm letting out my inner bohemian, relieving stress (what stress?), and getting a little arm exercise -- all at ONCE!

It's a little cooler than would be perfect, but nothing's perfect anyway, right? (Besides my host, Linda's, Venice villa.) I think the high today was 60-ish, but that's WAY better than the 40-ish highs back home.

And, there are plenty of palm trees, ocean waves (and breezes), sunshine, clam chowders, shrimp and crab legs, sandy beaches, and red wines, so no worries!

This morning we went shopping at the Punta Gorda Fisherman's Village (I'm wearing my new long-sleeve T-shirt that changes color in the sun), had lunch on the top deck of a waterside restaurant, ahhh, and napped in the sun on the lanai (the screened-in room with a lake view) before taking off for the drum circle. In the photo at right are a couple of drum-circle regulars -- a belly-dancer and a, um, I'm not exactly sure, but he had a lot of spirit!

Right now I'm having a HUGE piece of gooey butter cake, which I brought down to my Psycho Sis as a present, but now, damn!, I'm eating the whole thing! (Maybe that's why I brought it!)

So, yeah, while I was away from the computer to fetch a piece of gooey butter cake and freshen up my wine, my evil Psycho Sis took the liberty of adding some details to the blog -- gee, can you guess which lines SHE wrote??? Anyway, they made me laugh, so I'm leaving them in ...

Well, it's been a great two days so far (two to go!), and it's getting late, so I'm calling it a night. Wait, did Linda say there was chocolate icecream in the fridge? Hello, gooey butter cake a la mode!

Until next time ...
SG (Sun Goddess)

5 comments:

Linda said...

Well, if nobody else is going to blog, I am.

Paula, we so enjoyed your visit and we hope you did, too. We're leaving your room just the way you left it, as a tribute to our bohemian, upbeat, good-natured (to put up with us), and always much-loved friend.

(Sorry you have to go home to such miserable weather!)

Linda, Bob and, of course, Molly (who misses you already)

Paula said...

Aw ... Thanks so much! But I think I came out ahead on that deal -- it was wonderful and just what I needed! (Give Molly an extra spoonful of braunschweiger for me ...)

Frank said...

Have you ever purchased a gift for me that I never received because you consumed it? Paula, time to confess...

Paula said...

No comment ...

Paula said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.