Thursday, April 16, 2009

Chemo #5, check

Another chemo day, and I wasn't supposed to see Dr. W-G, but I brought her a souvenir from Florida (a little bag/magnet with some sand and tiny seashells that says "Andrea's Beachfront Property"), so of course she came out to the treatment room to say thanks!

I had to wait awhile for my lab results because the medical staff wanted to make sure my liver enzymes weren't too high. Two weeks ago they were pretty high, but today, after four days in Florida (and a daily glass of wine, sanctioned by Dr. W-G), the liver enzymes were HALF what they were two weeks ago! So I was good to go with the drugs.

Hannah was with me, and my Psycho Sis called from Florida, and I was able to watch some "Scrubs" episodes that made me LOL, so treatment went pretty fast. "Fanny" is back, and again, I'm feeling fine. Walked two miles with my saintly sister after I got home. And my injured eye is totally healed -- no red at all!

Three chemo treatments to go!

Thanks for checking on me.

Until next time ...
P

4 comments:

Connie said...

Paula,
O.K., I read your blog. I think you're doing SUPER!! I can't wait till your last treatment!
Love you lots!
Connie

Paula said...

You and me both!

Dino Pacilli said...

It's been a joy and a privilege to follow your progress--I continue to pray for peace, joy, laughter, contentment, hope, courage, patience, and lots of kindness--Mother T would have wanted lots of kindness for you, from you, to you.
Blessings!
Big D

Paula said...

Aw, thanks Dino! It's been a joy for me to be the recipient of the many fun cards, e-mails, and even a phone call from you! I treasure your friendship.