Thursday, April 2, 2009

Chemo #4, check

So, I may be halfway through my post-op treatment, as of today! (Unless Dr. W-G decides to prolong it a bit, but I'm sure she'll have good reasons if she does. I trust her implicitly.)

Everything went well today, except at the end of the chemo session, when I was walking out to my car in the rain and cold, and my fingers were tingling like crazy and feeling very weird. My saintly sister happened to be with me -- she had brought me lunch and stayed with me during treatment -- so we decided it might be best to go back in and check with the nurses, rather than go home and worry.

Remember the "sensitivity to cold" I experienced after my first visit, when I (stupidly) bought a milk shake on the way home and got "mouth freeze"? Well, that's what happened to my hands -- "finger freeze." So the nurses got a heated blanket and I put my hands into the middle of 'em, and within minutes I could feel the tingling sensation going away. They advised me to bring gloves next time, if the weather's chilly, so I will! Sheesh, the things you learn as you go through this ...

And even now, hours later, if I put my hand into the refrigerator or freezer, the fingers start to tingle again! Very weird.

But the lab work checked out OK, according to Dr. W-G, and she said I'm doing so well that she doesn't even need to see me next time! So I'll get my lab work and chemo in two weeks, as planned, but I won't see her again for a month! But I'm planning to e-mail to her a photo of her "favorite patient" (my words, not hers, ha!) taking it easy on the beach next week, so we WILL be staying in touch (she's probably sorry I ever got her e-mail address!) ...

Anyway, things are good, I'm feeling fine (as long as I don't get those hands cold), and the "red eye" is less red today.

Thanks for checking on me!

Until next time ...
P

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Glad to hear your treatments are going well. I sure hope you have a very relaxing (and fun) trip to Florida.