Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The office

No, I'm not talking about one of my favorite TV shows. I'm referring to the fact that today I returned to my office, for a five-hour shift. Dr. F (my "main" surgeon) thought it would be a good idea to start slowly and work up to eight hours.

So, I packed up my laptop and headed toward Kirkwood once again. My old "key" got me in the employee entrance, but I had to stop and pick up my new photo ID/key -- something the organization implemented in January.

It was nice to be back. There were brownies and a chocolate-chip dessert in my honor, and lots and lots of hugs. In between chats with my co-workers, I actually got some work done. And on a break, I walked the company treadmill -- a lot slower than I ever walked it before -- but I managed 3/4 of a mile!

Sure, I was a little beat when I got home, but not too bad. So I guess I'll go back tomorrow!

Until next time ...
P

1 comment:

Linda said...

Just one thing to say:

Keep everything (meaning "leg") on a high plane!

You're back where you belong ...

Hoopsie