Monday, February 9, 2009

Fun stuff


Yeah, so my daughter sort of forced me to go to the mall with her last week. She "needed" a new outfit for Valentine's Day and didn't want to go alone. (Those quote marks around needed are there for a reason. I think she's already got tons of clothes, but she swears she has "nothing to wear." Kids.)

One of the stores she wanted to hit was Forever 21. "Mom," she said, "you might find something here, too."

"Me? Forever 21? Isn't this store for YOUNG PEOPLE?" Then I saw her. A tiny, little old lady who had to be in her 80s. Her wrinkled hand was gingerly searching the racks for a new top. Aw, I thought. She wants to be FOREVER 21! And it was just so darn cute and sweet and funny to me that I ended up buying something there, too ... Who knew?

Anyway, I thought I would share in my blog some of the light-hearted get-well cards I've received -- starting with these two. Of course, every card has been wonderful and brought a smile to me when I needed it, so thank you so much for sending them.

Until next time ...
P

No comments: