Saturday, February 7, 2009

Milestones

So, guess what the little invalid did today?

She:
  • drove her minivan!
  • walked 1.4 miles (all at once)!
  • put on her tennies -- and tied the laces!
  • met a couple of friends for dinner and shopping at a local mall! (Where I probably walked another 1.4 miles!)
And the piece de resistance: she put away the little, folding "TV table" that's been up next to the couch since she got home from the hospital on Jan. 10! That little table held my ice-water, book, cell and house phones, and TV remote so they would all be within reach as I reclined on the couch, recuperating. And, since I'm no longer spending much time on the couch, I decided to make a bold move and PUT IT AWAY. That was huge for me, psychologically and otherwise.

So, thanks again for your prayers -- they are definitely helping! (And thanks to God for His abundant blessings!)

Until next time ...
P

1 comment:

Terri Mork Speirs said...

Wow, Paula, I'm impressed. I hope you're not overdoing it. So happy to hear about your recovery from surgery. Take care, my friend.