Friday, February 6, 2009

Back to work

"OK, Paula, you've been laying around, eating bonbons and watching Court TV dramas, long enough -- now get back to work!"

That's my conscience speaking, and as a lifelong, guilt-ridden Catholic, I always listen. So I'm planning to show up at the office next Wednesday, Feb. 11, and work four to five hours a day for the next few weeks, or however long it takes to feel normal again.

Sitting for long stretches still isn't possible, as my right leg -- the "good" one -- goes numb if I don't get up and move around from time to time. So we'll play it by ear and see how it goes. I am anxious to see everyone again and get back into the swing of things, so, ready or not, here I come!

In a related note, my employer, The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod, has been named by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch as one of the city's best places to work! The LCMS was cited for having the "best company culture," and the newspaper even did a little story about it. To find the P-D article, go to http://www.lcms.org/pages/internal.asp?NavID=14720 and click on the link within the story.

Until next time ...
P

No comments: