Sunday, February 22, 2009

Nausea? No problem!

And that's only because I have DRUGS! Yes, "chemo day," Thursday, was no problem. Friday I went to work -- no problem. Friday night, about 8 p.m., the nausea crept in on little cat feet, ever-so-gently, just a nagging "unsettled" feeling in my stomach. But it wouldn't go away, so I did what any good patient does: I took a pill. And felt better.

Saturday I was fine most of the day -- got my chemo bag unhooked (and yes, I've dug out my old "Fanny" and I'm using her instead of "Manny," the huge, muscular fanny-pack), and I even ran an errand with my sister. But again, that evening -- just a little nagging nausea. But it was enough that when some friends stopped by to see if we wanted to go out to eat with them, I had to turn them down. Even though I had taken a pill, I still felt a little "punky" and not really up for going out. Or eating. But we had a nice visit anyway ...

This morning seems better, so we'll see ... And, beginning today, I've got ELEVEN chemo-free days ahead, so things are definitely looking up ...

Until next time ...
P

No comments: