Saturday, June 20, 2009

We're fine

Ooh, I just realized I haven't posted anything for a solid WEEK, sheesh, so I thought I'd better say something, lest you all think I've dropped off the face of the earth ...

Anyway, I'm fine, Hannah's fine (in fact, she just went off to work!) -- we're all fine. My saintly sister and I took our dear mother to the mall today, and I ended up buying several new tops (hey, I don't shop much, but when I do, I sort of go crazy). It seems Macy's was having a huge sale, so at least I feel like I got some good deals. And my mom was awesome in her walker for two-and-a-half hours -- she did great and bought some clothes too!

So now I've got some new stuff to wear to Portland (see photo above)! I'm leaving Thursday and coming back on Monday -- covering a Lutheran women's convention there and SO looking forward to it! My Psycho Sister is going, too, and we've added an extra day (I'm already regretting we didn't add on several days!) so that we can rent a car and explore Cannon Beach and the mountains and Multnomah Falls (photo at left) and all the cool touristy things Portland has to offer.

One of the best things about this trip is that the Thursday I leave was supposed to be a chemo day for me, but Dr. W-G is letting me postpone (what a lovely word) it for a week. So I should be feeling great the entire trip!

Thanks for checking on me.

Until next time ...
P

2 comments:

Linda said...

You'll have to hold my hand when crossing that bridge!

Paula said...

Yeah, it looks REALLY scary! (Maybe we should consider crawling across it ...)