Thursday, June 4, 2009

Reining in the party girl

It's NOT GONNA HAPPEN! Our "party girl," 20-year-old Hannah, is going out EVERY NIGHT now, just a little over three weeks since her BRAIN SURGERY! (Too many capital letters? OK, I'll stop now.)

Sheesh, she keeps saying she feels "fine," and there's "no pain," and she has pretty much stopped taking her vicodin and valium -- definitely a good thing!

But I worry that she's doing too much, too soon. (It's darn hard being the mother of a headstrong girl.) But guess I should be happy that she's rebounding so quickly ...

And me? I'm doing fine, too -- still a little tired, but still working full time. Walked about two-and-a-half miles today. But I'm thinking maybe I should cancel out on the Komen walk (for breast cancer) on the 13th, since it will be the Saturday after my next treatment, and I was pretty much knocked out last time. I sure don't want to be dragging everyone else down ... We'll see ...

Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time ...
P

No comments: