Sunday, May 31, 2009

SO tired ...

OK, so the chemo is finally catching up with me. My last treatment was Thursday (and I had "Fanny" until Saturday morning), and Friday I went to work and all was well, as usual. I even went out that night to dinner and a movie with my Psycho Sis. (We saw "Star Trek" -- very exciting!)

But Saturday I could hardly get out of bed! I did very little around the house, and took a three-hour nap that afternoon, plus I went to bed that night around 8 p.m.! My saintly sister and I walked only a mile (we usually do two) -- I was just too darned tired to do much of anything.

Today (Sunday) I'm better. Walked two miles. No naps. Still a little more tired than usual, but not too bad. No nausea at all this whole weekend!

So I'm thinking that the chemo is taking its toll. I lucked out that it waited until the eighth treatment to knock me out, but now I'm wondering what the next four chemo sessions will be like ... But if the fatigue is only bad for one day, like it was Saturday, I'll make it fine. (A day in bed? It'll be like being queen for a day!)

Re: Hannah, she has had her first big night out since the surgery three weeks ago (some "bed rest" ...). Yesterday she went to a wedding and reception and "afterparty." The pain is starting to subside and she's not taking as much pain medication as she was at first. She's still got friends coming and going (one is here now and another is expected when she gets off work later). She is grateful for the prayers and concern, and I'm sure she will be back to normal in no time.

Thanks for your continued prayers for me, too!

Until next time ...
P

4 comments:

Linda said...

Once again, it's only me. You (and Hannah) are always in our prayers.

Paula said...

I know ... and thank you! We'll be good as new in no time!

Anonymous said...

SOcking it to ya can make you SO tired... Hang in there girl! Even though it sucks, I'm all for knocking those cancer cells into an orbit far, far away. XO, Lisa B>

Paula said...

Thanks, Lisa! Me, too!