Friday, January 1, 2010

Doctor, doctor

Yes! TWO doctors in one day! Double the fun!

So, a couple of days ago I saw Dr. K again (the "maintenance" guy who's taking the place of my primary surgeon). He says I'm doing great and wants to see me again in three months, the end of March. He sent me to the lab so they could draw blood for a cancer blood test, and his office will let me know how that turns out.

And, I'm now scheduled for a colonoscopy on Jan. 14 (gotta keep up with all the various screening tests, you know) ...

A few hours later, Doc Number Two, Dr. P, the physical therapy doctor, checked over my bum leg to see why it still hurts from time to time when I put pressure on it. She even took an X-ray of my pelvis, which showed that I have good bones (yay for good news!) but that my hips have some congenital "thing" that makes my walk a little "off" (OK, she actually used medical terminology, but this is the best I can do!), and, even though the X-ray didn't confirm it, she suspects that I tore some cartilage in my upper thigh, which is why it's still hurting some two months later, sheesh.

Anyway, she gave me the name of a physical therapist who can hopefully fix my problem with exercise (in lieu of surgery), and I'm all for that! So I'll see him sometime soon.

She also said I could walk my two-mile route again, if I feel up to it, so I'm going to play it by ear and do it as much as I can. This leg thing is so weird, though. Two days ago, it didn't hurt at all. Today, it does. Go figure.

Until next time ...
P

2 comments:

Linda said...

A few laps around the block in Venice will heal all pain -- trust me!

Psycho Sis

Paula said...

I know! I've gotta come down and try it!