Sunday, January 10, 2010

Checkin' the colon

Yes, even though I'm cancer-free, the screenings continue ... In fact, they're probably more important than ever now ...

Wednesday is my "big day" of preparing for my colonoscopy, so I'm planning to work until 1 p.m., then come home and start the, um, "preparation" ... So, as many of you know, that means drinking some stuff, taking some pills, and staying close to a bathroom (sigh) ...

The actual procedure is scheduled for 2:15 Thursday, at B-J West, with yet another new doctor, Dr. L (I've got quite the collection of docs now, let's see, about SIX now). And, hopefully, Dr. L won't find anything out of the ordinary, but if she does, she can snip that sucker right outta there!

Right now, life is truly grand, although it's a little on the cold side, but, hey -- that's a minor inconvenience and temporary ...

Hope you're having a great new year, as I am!

Until next time ...
P

9 comments:

Linda said...

This might be TMI, Paula ...

Paula said...

If you REALLY care about me, it's not ...

Paula said...

And, just wait until I DESCRIBE IN DETAIL what Wednesday is really like ...

Linda said...

I beg you, on behalf of all your followers, (all 3 of us--me and your parents): DON'T!

Paula said...

Will she or won't she? Tune in Wednesday and find out ...

Michelle said...

Make that four ... I've been checking on her too!

Sure hope everything comes out okay. Sorry, I couldn't resist!!!

Glad to hear 2010 is off to a good start.

Terri Mork Speirs said...

five. . .me too! prayers for clean labs, so to speak

Paula said...

Ha, thanks Michelle and Terri (my TRUE friends) ... I'm sure everything will be fine, but I'll post an update to let you know!

Linda said...

So, what does that make me:
You're un-TRUE friend???

Be careful, dear, your reservation at the Hoops' Resort and Spa in Venice, Florida, may be in jeopardy ...