Sunday, December 6, 2009

The eyes don't have it

Shingles, that is. So, after I was diagnosed with my latest malady, I went online to see if shingles can harm the eyes (since my shingles is in my right eyebrow and darn close to my right eye). And what did I find out? That if the shingles do get in your eyes, you can GO BLIND! Aaaaaaccccckkkkk! (That, according to the Mayo Clinic.)

So, of course, right that very minute my right eye started to sort of hurt and sting, and I was convinced the shingles virus was doing a number on my eyesight, so I called my eye doc and got in, like, two hours later (virtually all of my doctors know what a hypochondriac I am) ...

And I'm happy to report that the eyes do not have it, but was told to toss my current contacts and case anyway, just in case ...

So, whew, dodged yet another bullet ...

And I'm also happy to report that I got a ton of Christmas shopping done this weekend, so no stress there, either!

Until next time ...
P

No comments: