Thursday, October 29, 2009

Cancer free!

Hey, the scan came back "all clear -- no cancer!" -- so I'm on cloud 9!

During my visit today, I asked my oncologist, Dr. W-G, if this means that there's a chance I could be cancer-free for the rest of my life, and she said, and I quote, "there's a GREAT possibility."

So, of course, I'm ecstatic beyond belief, and of course, how did I react to the fantastic news in my doctor's office? I cried ... But they were tears of pure joy, and a release of all the tension and uncertainty I've held inside for a long, long time.

So, praise God, and thanks to all of you for your support! It's been a long -- and "interesting" -- year, and I'm glad it's finally over.

Until next time,
P

2 comments:

mojo said...

WOOHOO! Now THAT's made my day! (I rather suspect it's made yours, too!) Time for chocolate! LOTS 'n' LOTS of chocolate!

Paula said...

You are correct, Mary Jo -- it has totally made my day, my week, my year, heck, my WHOLE LIFE! And I'm having chocolate right now ...