Thursday, October 15, 2009

Back to the real (cold) world

So, I've spent a solid week (eight days, in fact) in Venice, Florida, where sunshine was a daily occurrence and the temp ranged from low 90s in the day to 70s in the evening -- in other words, SUMMERTIME ...

Yesterday afternoon I was in the pool, enjoying an adult beverage while basking in the glorious sunshine, and a couple of hours later I was standing outside the airport in St. Louis, waiting for my ride, and it was so cold I could see my breath. In other words, WINTER ... It was a shock.

The good news is, I got to get away for awhile, and let me tell you, it was simply wonderful. Warm sunshine EVERY DAY, a refreshing pool a short walk from our villa, 84-degree Gulf water that was hard to leave, award-winning clam chowder, yet another "drum circle" on the beach at sunset (and yes, I beat a drum!), lots and lots of wine, delicious grilled grouper, seafood lasagna, breakfast casserole, coconut shrimp, wine of all kinds, LOTS of laughs with my Psycho Sis and other three roomies, did I mention all the wine?, french silk icecream at 3 a.m., watching the nightly "bird show" -- and stars, and sunsets -- from the lanai, Rosie-the-bartender's killer Cosmopolitans -- I could go on and on. It was a fantastic getaway and I feel SO fortunate to have been able to go (thanks Linda and Laura for including me!) ...

In the top photo, I'm posing with a few seashells and sharks teeth on Manasota Beach. Lovely day. The bottom photo shows the Venice gang that shared the villa: me, Rose, Angie, Laura, and Linda. What a bunch of fun gals!

When I got home and opened all my mail, I found out that the mammogram I had last week came back "all clear," so hallelujah and thank you, God!

Life has been exceptionally good lately, and I feel truly blessed.

Until next time ...
P

3 comments:

Terri Mork Speirs said...

I want a Psycho Sis and 3 roomates. :-) Great pics. Prayers for the pet scan results. xoxoxo

Paula said...

Thanks, Terri, and I'm so glad your blogging again!

Paula said...

And Terri -- don't forget you have four "Nica Sisters"! (And I guess one crazy brother -- Bill!) XO, Princess Paparazzi