Saturday, May 16, 2009

Hallelujah!

OK, people, God is great (all the time!) and we got some really good news tonight: Hannah's tumor was benign -- NO CANCER! -- and she's coming home days early -- tomorrow, in fact!

She's still in pain, and doesn't yet walk so good, but she's gotta be on "bed rest" for FOUR WEEKS, so that means no "going out," but instead taking it easy, hobbling around the house, watching TV and movies, and eating bon-bons until she's got her strength back. (Hopefully, her doting parents won't drive her crazy!)

But I saw her tonight, and she's doing pretty well, a little better each day, so we're happy beyond belief! I carted home some of her "stuff" tonight. She's got zillions of cards, about eight flower arrangements, cookies, candy, videos, balloons, four or five stuffed animals, and several gift bags with all sorts of presents! Thursday night, she had 12 friends in her room until midnight, when a nurse came in and said, "Um, visiting hours were over at 9:00." So I guess she's not suffering too much ...

But she's so brave and upbeat, I'm so proud of her and can't wait to get her home!

Thanks again for all the prayers, cards, and good wishes! We love you all!

Until next time,
P

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaron and I are going to celebrate May 28 "with" you -- even if virtually! Hey -- a big crew of us LWR folks are going to be in St. Louis at Kirkwood road on June 16. Hope I can wrangle a Paula sighting then... :) xo, Lisa B.

LyndaSig said...

Oh Paula, I can't imagine the anxiety you must have been going through before you got the good news...so glad to hear it WAS good news! You're absolutely right about God being good all the time and taking care of you in your darkest hours...he brought me through several horrible marriages to the best husband a girl could ever want. Hang in there, and keep leaning on Him! - Lynda S.

Paula said...

Hey, thanks, Lisa, and DO look me up on June 16!

And thanks, Lynda -- I'll tell ya, Hannah's surgery day was one of the worst I've ever had, I'm so thankful it's over and she's OK ...

Michelle said...

Glad to hear the good news!

Paula said...

Thanks, Michelle!