Friday, March 27, 2009

Ol' Red Eye

OK, friends, I'm starting this off with a warning: If you get faint of heart at the sight of blood and freakish medical emergencies, DO NOT scroll down any farther! Just log off right now and go read the funnies or have a snack.

Here's why: This morning, as I was hurriedly getting dressed for work, I accidentally stuck my finger (not sure which one) IN MY EYE! Yeow! It was a freakish thing to do, I've never done it before, and I sure as heck hope to never do it again ...

But afterwards, my eye felt funny, not really painful, just a little pressure, so I went into the bathroom to look in the mirror and panicked because the white part of my right eye was BLEEDING! Yeah, bright red blood!

So, being the hypochondriac that I am, I fairly ran to the phone to call my eye doctor's office, and they said, "Get in here!" so I jumped in the car and drove like mad to get there before going blind (as I was sure would happen).

Well, my doc took a look at it with one of those big, impressive eye-examining scopes, and said, and I quote, "Looks like you took a CHUNK out of it, but it'll be OK." A chunk. Out of my eye. Sheesh. (See gross, disgusting photo at left.) Note to self: Do something soon about those wrinkles ...

Anyway, I got some antibiotic drops and have vowed to slow down from now on. No more rushing around in the morning. No more gouging out my own eyes. From here on out, I will breathe deeply and take ... it ... easy ...

So, some good advice for all of you out there: If you're going to rush around like crazy in the morning, trying to get dressed in record time, wear safety goggles ...

Until next time ...
P

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like something I would do. Glad to hear you are going to be OK. FYI -- Eyes heal quickly.

Paula said...

Oh good -- I'm counting on it!

Joan said...

Eyes can be so gross. Charlie stuck a rug hook into the membrane inside and under his eye. A hole, for real. It healed overnight. Just closed up but not before we went to the emergency room and were accused of child abuse...The fun of being a parent. He thought that he has Obi-wan and had a blanket over his head and thought the hook looked like a light saber..Glad all is well with you.
See you Friday for First Friday Club..