Friday, March 13, 2009

The good life

So, in the midst of the follow-up chemo treatments -- and the e-mails and photos from my "Psycho Sister" who is "taunting me" by living the good life down in warm, sunny, palm-tree-laden Florida -- I realized I have "frequent-flier" miles that are burning a hole in my pocket. So why don't I use 'em before I lose 'em?

Hmmm, where could I fly? How about FLORIDA? So I begged and begged my Psycho Sis if I could come visit and she gave in to my incessant whining (OK, OK, she actually loved the idea right away 'cause she is just that kind of "there-for-you" friend).

So I'm flying down for four glorious days in April, a Tuesday through Friday (I would've stayed until Saturday, but people who actually use their frequent-flyer miles only get certain "options" when they redeem them, such as certain days and certain flights, which means that even though there are nonstop flights I can't get one and even though the planes do come back to St. Louis from Tampa on Saturday, I'm not allowed to board that day).

But who's complaining? I am SO darn excited to be getting away for a little siesta in the sun, a little bongo on the beach, a little lounging in (on?) the lanai, that I really don't care if I have to take two flights each way and come back a day early. It will be enough.

So, thanks in advance to my Psycho Sissy-Lou (and her hubby too) for their hospitality -- it was SO nice of you to buy me (and your other friends and family) a cool little Florida house. We absolutely love it!

And thanks, too, to my family, who urged me to go and "have fun!"

Until next time ...
P

2 comments:

freckles said...

Fabulous! Watch out for the invasive pythons too: http://www.nature.org/wherewework/northamerica/states/florida/science/art24101.html

Paula said...

I will! That is scary stuff!