Friday, December 5, 2008

The unveiling of the blog

So, yeah, it took getting cancer to get me to start a "blog." But here it is, entry numero uno, so welcome to "Paula's Temporary Setback," which is how I'm referring to this illness, as I fully intend to kick this and be better than ever once I get it all behind me (pun intended).

I was diagnosed with anal cancer July 29, 2008, and my first thought was, "Gee, I've always been so anal about my health, but apparently not anal enough!" Seriously, I'm the original hypochondriac, with my doctors on speed dial and consulted on a regular basis for every little thing. (Whenever I couldn't get through, my Psycho Sister would say, "They've got caller ID and know it's YOU so they're not answering!") But now I've got this pretty big thing to deal with, so all that hypochondriacking finally paid off, I guess.

Anyway, I'd love it if you would tag along with me on this little jaunt -- the more, the merrier, right?

Until next time ...
P

1 comment:

Joan said...

I hope that you are feeling okay. I want you to know that I have you in my prayers. Keep the faith..