Monday, December 15, 2008

I feel fine. Really

Just about everybody I see nowadays who knows about my cancer treatment (especially my mother and sister) wants to know: "How are you feeling?" Thankfully, I'm feeling fine. Normal. Like I'm not even sick.

Which makes the prospect of upcoming surgery a real bummer. I keep thinking, "Why do I have to have an operation when I feel FINE?" And I know for a fact that after that surgery I will NOT feel fine. At least for a while.

I'm still eating (probably too much). Still walking a mile or two a day (probably not enough). Still doing "real life" stuff, like filling the gas tank and doing laundry and cleaning litter boxes.

But it's funny. As I'm doing chores, or eating out with friends (are you happy, Janine?), or decorating for Christmas, or driving to work, or whatever, I keep thinking that it's really nice to be able to do these things. Normally. Pain- and hassle-free. And so I'm seeing them from a new perspective. With new, more-appreciative eyes. Pre-surgery eyes. Life is good. And I'm feeling fine. Really.

Until next time ...
P

1 comment:

Linda said...

I can verify the eating too much ... :-)

P.S.