Friday, December 17, 2010

I'm baaaack ...


Sorry I've been away so long. Been busy. It's Christmastime. I work full time. My two young-adult children are sort of demanding. ("Mom, what are we doing for dinner?" "Mom, will you go shopping with me?" "Mom, there's nothing to eat in this house!" "Mom, I've gotta leave. Would you throw my clothes in the dryer?") You get the picture.

Am I ready for Christmas? Psychologically, yes. Have I finished shopping? No. (My plan is to finish tomorrow.) Have I wrapped anything? No. (I'm starting tomorrow.) Have I mailed my Christmas cards? No. (Tomorrow. I promise.) Have I baked even one cookie? No. (Tomorrow. Everything happens tomorrow.)

Even though I'm not finished with all the prep work, I'm enjoying the special get-togethers, the Christmas carols, the all-around holiday joy. It's cold, but heck, I'm still here, so I can handle the cold and snow and ice. Bring it, baby!

Of course, I say that so easily because (full disclosure) I ENJOYED FOUR DAYS IN FLORIDA in mid-November. Went down to help my Psycho Sister celebrate a "milestone" birthday (and no, I won't say which one, but does it really matter?) and I've gotta say -- it was SUNNY AND WARM EVERY DAY. Amazing. The Gulf water (and OK, the pool, too) were a tad cool, so we only swam in the pool once, but we visited FOUR DIFFERENT BEACHES IN FOUR DAYS. Wow. Heaven. (See photos.)

We had seafood strudel oceanside -- and seafood lasagna, of course! -- and shrimp and clam chowder, strolled the beach, picked up shells and sharks' teeth, drank some wine, played some cards, laughed some laughs and just enjoyed life.

(Thanks, once again, Linda and Bob, for your hospitality. It is truly appreciated.)

So, yes, I can get through this winter. I can even enjoy it! Same with Christmas. Bring it on!

Until next time ...
P

2 comments:

Linda said...

Okay, if you won't say which "milestone" birthday I celebrated, I will: My 30th! ;-)

Paula said...

Ha, ha -- I was trying to protect your "over-the-hill-ness," but if you wanna share it with the world (um, my parents) that's fine with me!