Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Yes, mother, I'm eating

OK, so, even though I'm in the midst of my post-surgery chemo, I still have quite the "healthy appetite."

At right is my lunch today, St. Patrick's Day, at a local eating establishment -- really tender corned beef on top of really scrumptious cabbage, with a huge potato, a side helping of green beans, and three slices of crusty French bread, with butter. I also shared a dining companion's fruit salad! (Pretty soon, no one will want to sit by me, for fear that I'll steal their food!)

It's like I'm insatiable, perhaps because of the chemo, or perhaps because I've always been this way! Anyway, it was truly wonderful and I know that my mother, who worries about me (especially now), will be happy that I cleaned my plate!

Just in case anyone doesn't believe me, at left is the proof! (And, yes, mother, I also ate dinner, accompanied by a glass of red wine, which is OK 'cause Dr. W-G said I could.)

And, for those of you keeping track, I walked two-and-a-half miles today, since it was a gorgeous 77-degree, not-a-cloud-in-the-sky sunny day!

So thanks for checking on me! Chemo Day is coming Thursday, so I've gotta live it up while I can!

Until next time ...
P (which stands for Miss Piggy)

2 comments:

Linda said...

These photos should erase your mother's fears for a l-o-n-g time!

Paula said...

Ha, ha ... I'm surprised you didn't comment on the photo being "delicious" (the top photo caption is a little off, but I'm NOT re-doing it!) ...