Thursday, March 19, 2009

Chemo #3, check

If I've got "Fanny," this must be Thursday ... And I do, and it is ...

So, in short, a good Chemo Day, as usual. My saintly sister brought lunch and kept me company, so there I was, eating again ... But this time, I dragged my IV pole and drugs into the little dining room, where the two of us sat at a table and enjoyed our St. Louis Bread Co. sandwiches, chips, and cookies.

Prior to that, I saw Dr. W-G, my oncologist, who asked how I was after my last chemo, and I said, "Pretty good, same as the first time, a little nausea Friday and Saturday nights, but not bad." She responded, again, "That might be the worst it gets," so I hope she's right. But I'm doing fine so far (praise God and woo-hoo!).

I asked her if the chemo leaves my body during my 11-day break from the stuff, and she said, "Most of it, yes." So, as far as the cumulative effects of chemo building upon chemo -- making the side effects worse -- we'll just have to wait and see. It might get worse, and it might not.

However, I decided to get my hard-core anti-nausea prescription for granisetron filled, just so I have 'em handy -- yes, the prescription is for TWO pills, $118! (Must be damn good stuff! But because of my lovely insurance, I paid just $10.) I'm supposed to take one pill Friday, and one pill Saturday (the two worst nausea days), so I may try one tomorrow around late afternoon, about the time the nausea usually kicks in. I'd just like to see how good they are and how good I might be able to feel with 'em. We'll see.

And it was another warmish day out there, so my saintly sister and I walked our two-mile route, as usual. And now I'm up late, watching Obama on "The Tonight Show." And I'm working tomorrow. So, chemo? What chemo?

Until next time ...
P

No comments: