Saturday, May 1, 2010

The plan

So, saw the oncologist, Dr. W-G, on Thursday, who said my bloodwork was good (except I forgot to call on Friday to find out about the CEA -- cancer -- test, so hoping to do that on Monday). She'd like to see me again in July, and do a CT scan then to make sure all is well.

That's the plan. It sounds good to me.

This past week I had some slight lymphedema (swelling) in my left leg -- the one that had most of its lymph nodes removed in January 2009. I think I brought it on when I stayed up 'til 2 a.m. Monday night finishing a story for our newspaper -- I was so engrossed in work, I neglected to elevate my leg at all that whole time! So, now I know -- don't do that anymore.

Anyway, after a few days -- and nights -- of "babying" it (mucho elevating, no long walks), this morning it seems pretty much back to normal.

I'm feeling fine (although still a bit of numbness in the toes from the chemo) and looking forward to warmer weather and good times! I've got a work trip to D.C. next week, and our family will be spending a week on the beach in June. Life is good.

Until next time ...
P

No comments: