Sunday, February 21, 2010

'Senior' spring break

Yeah, so I'm going on "spring break" this year, thanks to Hannah! Nursing school is getting progressively more stressful, and her spring break is the first week of March, so she really wants to "go somewhere."

Last month, she and four girlfriends went to Las Vegas for six days (yes, I was a nervous wreck!), but they came back alive, thank God! As an added bonus, each of them got a $320 voucher from Southwest because the airline was overbooked so the girls had to take a later flight home.

Anyway, that beautiful $320 voucher went a long way toward paying for two roundtrip tickets to -- where else? -- Venice, Fla., my "home away from home." So, Hannah and lucky me are going down to visit my Psycho Sis and her hubby for six glorious days! Woo-hooooooooo!

We're just planning to go to the beach, hang out at the pool, and take it easy (although Hannah's bringing her books to get in some study time). Hopefully, she won't mind hanging out with the "older folks" (hey, we're young at heart!) and Hannah and I will still be talking to each other on the flight home ...

But it's always nice to have a "vacay" on the horizon, sort of like a life raft that's within reach for those hectic days when you need something to look forward to ...

So, thanks, Hannah -- and Linda and Bob (again!). I owe all of you big time!

Until next time ...
P

4 comments:

Connie said...

OK, so you're going to Florida. I really don't see the need to brag!! I'm working; that's about as fun as a root canal! And, believe me, I know all about that! Don't forget your sis while you're basking in the sun.
Luv ya,
Connie

Michelle said...

Hope Hannah and you have a wonderful time in Florida. I, too, have a vacation on the horizon. First one in 2.5 yrs. I'm going to Sedona, AZ in the end of March. Can't wait.

Bon voyage!

Paula said...

Connie, I could NEVER forget you. Ever. And Michelle, Sedona is way cool! Have fun!

Linda said...

Bring blankets, umbrellas, and sweatshirts when you come. And, VERY unfortunately, I'm NOT kidding ...

We'll just shop and eat!

P.S. Linda