Sunday, February 28, 2010

The kids are jealous

And they should be, for their mother -- a real techno-loser -- now has an iPhone! AND. THEY. DON'T. (As they like to remind me from time to time.)

Anyway, picked it up last night at the mall, and of course my 19-year-old son, home for the weekend from college, insisted on going along because just the thought of playing with an iPhone makes him all glassy-eyed and drooly.

So, yes, we strolled into the hip, cool, sleek, hardwood-floored Apple store -- me clutching my iPhone gift card (thanks, Jim!) and Dylan almost skipping, he was so happy to be there -- and were met by a very nice (and young, of course) sales guy, who showed me how to do a few things on the iPhone-but-so-much-more and answered my lame questions ("Oh, wow, this is an iPod, too?").

Dylan -- probably the funniest person I know -- said me getting an iPhone was like a crippled person getting a treadmill, and he is so right! It took me way longer than it should have just to link it to my Facebook page (another thing that freaks Dylan out, that his mother has FB!) ... But I should be all "good to go" now, and since Hannah and I will be in Florida this week -- Monday through Saturday -- there will be plenty of "down" time for me to play with this little "hand-held computer," which is really what it is. I'm planning to take some photos with it and post them to FB. Ah, technology -- it's a beautiful thing ...

Anyway, re: my health, the toes are still a little numb, but the fingers are pretty much back to normal. It's now been SEVEN MONTHS since I finished my chemo and life is just plain wonderful!

Until next time ...
P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.