Sunday, September 27, 2009

New doctor, new trip

So, today I want to mention two things:

* I'm seeing a new doctor Wednesday instead of my main surgeon. It seems that when you're six months past your surgery, they switch you to a different doctor, a sort of "maintenance" guy (even though he's a well-known surgeon, too). This new guy, Dr. K, is in his 60s and so I'm thinking he does more of these "maintenance" things now instead of surgeries, but he's "up there," as far as world-class skill and knowledge. So, while at first I was disappointed to not be seeing my usual doc, I'm now thinking it doesn't hurt to have more brains on my side. So I'll let you know what I think after I've met with him on Wednesday.

* I've got another "getaway" planned for mid-October, thanks to my Psycho Sister! Remember how she bought that adorable villa in Venice, Fla., last February? Well, her daughter and a couple of friends want to visit Florida and stay at the house -- and since Linda and her husband had to "close it up" when they returned home in May, she sort of has to go to open it back up (take down the hurricane shutters, etc.) for her guests. And, since she has to go, she asked if I wanted to go, too, and we all know what the answer to that was! So I'm looking forward to my second trip to the villa -- and a lot of laughs with the girls!

So, hurray for new doctors and impending vacations! Life can be so great!

Until next time ...

P

P.S. Yes, the fingers and toes are STILL numb-ish, but not as much. They are getting better, but it's a darn slow process ...

2 comments:

Linda said...

Maybe beating the drum at the Drum Circle on the beach at sunset(before our dinner at Sharkey's on the Pier) will get those numb fingers moving. (Of course, maybe the wine/beer previously drunk might slow the return of sensation ...)

Paula said...

Can't wait to find out! Omigosh, just 10 more days ... Bada-boom!