Sunday, August 9, 2009

Dropsy

Yeah, so I had my last chemo treatment a week ago, but my fingers are worse than ever, as far as the numbness and tingling go. The oncologist DID say that effects are at their worst about a week or so after treatment, so I guess I was warned.

But this is crazy -- I keep dropping things and knocking over things, sometimes spilling drinks all over (like yesterday!), and tonight I was trying to open a bag of cat food and man, it was hard to do! (But I did it.)

But things will get better, I'm sure, it will just take time (sigh) ... Probably about a month or so (ALL-CAP SIGH) ... But, hey, I've come this far so I'll make it!

So, thanks for checking on me. And thanks for listening ....

Until next time ...
P

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Please be very careful -- you could hurt yourself and not even realize it when your extremeties are numb. Sorry to hear you are having a difficult time. Would it help to leave your glass on the table and use a straw to drink?

Paula said...

Good idea, Michelle -- does that work with RED WINE??? See you Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Of course, you've always been a little bit klutzy ... :-)

And we'll see if it does work with red wine on movie night (I'll bring the bottle).

Linda