Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Dear God,

Thanks for everything you've brought us through in the past year -- from my cancer, to Hannah's brain tumor, to all the struggles in between. It's been truly miraculous, and now I really know nothing is beyond your ability.

Please help us to know what you want us to do in the "extra" years you have given us, and please give us the strength and willpower to do it.

Bless all those who have stood beside our family, helping us cope. And thank you for putting them in our lives.

Thanks, too, for connecting us with the right doctors, and for blessing them with the knowledge and skill to bring us back to good health.

We love you, Lord, and we'll be forever grateful for your mercy. Amen.

Now I'd like to share a prayer for anyone who is faced with a problem or struggle in the coming year. I'm not sure who wrote it, but I really like it:

The light of God surrounds me.
The love of God enfolds me.
The power of God protects me.
The presence of God watches over me.
Wherever I am, God is.
And all is well.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Until next time ...
P

No comments: