Sunday, October 4, 2009

Ditto

As in, "New doctor, new trip," same headline as last time (I know what you're thinking: "This girl is so dull sometimes").

Anyway, Dr. K was fine, a sort of serious fellow, and he checked me over pretty thoroughly and pronounced that everything looked "good." He asked me what the oncologist had planned, scan-wise, so I told him a CT on Oct. 28. He decided that a PET scan (better picture) was in order, so he ordered that, too, for the same day. So, if there's anything ominous going on, we'll find it ...

I'll see Dr. K again in three months, late December, for follow-up. In today's "numbness report," the fingers and toes are still a bit numb, but I'd say I'm maybe three-quarters of the way back to normal now, as they're getting a tad better with each passing week. But it's a very slow process.

In other news, I'm getting a flu shot tomorrow, and then getting the heck out of Dodge on Wednesday morning for a week of rest and relaxation (and plenty of Vitamin D!) at my Psycho Sister's villa in Venice, Fla. I really wasn't planning a second Florida getaway for this year, but this sort of fell into my lap, so I decided it's my destiny and who can say no to that?

We won't have a computer at the villa, so -- unless we decide to stop by the local library to use theirs -- I'm thinking I may not post anything until after I get back on Oct. 14.

So, hasta la vista, babies, and I'll see you when I see you!

Until next time ...
P

2 comments:

Joan said...

Have a great trip, Paula. Enjoy the beacha and take lots of photos.
I love south Florida's beaches. I am so glad to hear about your new doctor. I always feel that the more the information the better. I guess we are doing 3rd Friday this month. Just let me know if that is good for you...
Joan

Paula said...

Hey, Joan, I'm back and it was a blast! Yeah, I'm good for third Friday -- this week, right?