Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Chemo free!

OK, so I still have the numb toes and fingertips -- and I'm sure the nasty chemo is still making its way out of my system -- but I had a glass of red wine tonight to celebrate my freedom from chemo pods, "Fanny," doctors, lab tests, and all other cancer-related things! I am now CHEMO FREE (and hopefully, cancer free)!

Yes, the visiting nurse, "Boots" (that's her name! It's on her ID badge!), came by Saturday around noon, took my vitals, and removed the needle (and chemo bag and pump) for the last time. (At least for the next three months.) And I am happy beyond belief!

She was the first to give me a congratulatory hug (not counting the chemo-pod nurses on Thursday when I rang the "no-more-chemo" bell). I met a couple of friends for dinner and shopping Saturday, and got a free meal (a cancer-treatment silver lining).

And I've got a few more mini-celebrations planned over the next few weeks, so I'm happily making my way back into the real world. I fully expect to feel better and better as I get further and further from the chemo! (Numbness be gone!)

So, thanks again for the cards, prayers, and well-wishes over the past year! They truly helped me through my "temporary setback."

Love you all ...
P

No comments: