Saturday, August 7, 2010

Clear scan, baby!

YES!!! So, once again, the CT scan was all clear -- NO CANCER! -- so I am relieved and happy beyond belief and hopeful for the future and so very, very thankful to God and everyone who prayed on my behalf! Whew, this is absolutely awesome!

So, Thursday morning, I get my blood taken, get called into the exam room, sit there for probably 20 minutes, and I'm playing blackjack on my iPhone, and I'm winning big, and then I start losing and I'm wondering if that's foreshadowing of what Dr. W-G will have to tell me ... Will it be bad news? Is it taking so long for her to come in because she's trying to figure out a way to let me down gently?

So then she comes in and we chat a couple of minutes, and then she starts asking me how I broke my wrist, and I tell her, and then she asks if my hips or legs have been sore, and I (freaking out inside!) say no, not at all, in fact, I've been walking my 2 to 4 miles every day, no problem ...

And then she says those beautiful words "the scan is clear -- no cancer" and adds a "but" and my heart starts beating wildly again, and she adds that the scan shows a tiny fracture in my left pelvic bone! So, yeah, apparently I broke that, too, when I fell June 1 in Florida! Which doesn't surprise me at all, since I fell hard on that pavement! And I do recall having a sore hip for awhile back then ...

But at this point it's already healing and since it doesn't hurt at all, we're not worrying about it! But she advised me to get a bone-density test, which I've recently had -- and yes, my primary-care doc has already said he wants me to start taking Boniva, sheesh! -- so I guess that's what I'll do ...

Until next time ...
P

3 comments:

Joan said...

Congrat! Paula. I knew in my heart that you would get good news.
I am thrilled for you. See you soon.

Paula said...

Thanks, Joan! There's nothing quite like a clear scan for making the world look super-rosy ...

Linda said...

Maybe you could post your wrist x-rays here ... We need an update!