Thursday, July 15, 2010

Bye-bye cast

Just a quick update (from beautiful downtown Houston, where I'm on a lengthy business trip): When I saw the wrist surgeon a week ago, he took a look at my arm, removed the stitches, and pronounced that all is well. He knew I was leaving for this trip the next day, so, God bless him, he did NOT put on a new cast but instead I've got a removable splint. Cool. So I can take it off for showers.

The only problem is that I'm supposed to be doing finger and wrist exercises (rehab) FOUR TO SIX TIMES A DAY, sheesh -- who's got that much time when they're working 12-to-14-hour days at an-out-of-town convention??? So I'm doing it as much as I can -- twice a day, usually -- and that'll have to do until I get outta here on Saturday.

Anyway, I'm back to typing like a maniac (with both hands) and there's no pain, so things are working out. Recovery will take six weeks or more (sigh), so I've still gotta "baby" the left hand until then.

Thanks for checking on me!

Until next time ...
P

No comments: